Shady Brook’s annual Halloween festivities return

By Molly McIntyre
Staff Writer

The month of October presents many exciting things; fall, pumpkins, Halloween and especially horror fest. Haunted houses have been making America scream for nearly 40 years, and now they have gone global. Shady Brook Farms looks forward to this month every year as their leading source of income.

During the day parents and children can go to Shady Brook for Pumpkin Fest and daylight hayrides around the area in order to get a closer look at the farmland. Animal zoos are included for kids to get up close and personal with animals who live on the farm.

As night time rolls around nightly terror attractions reign supreme. With Horror Fest, Shady Brook offers the Hayride of Horror, 3-D Alien Encounter, Barn of Horror, and Carnage. Prices range from $20.00 to $50.00 depending on the amount of attractions one wants to experience. Senior Bobby Nelson said, “I would love to be one of the guys who scare people in the haunted houses, all around everyone seems to be having a good time”

Aside from attractions, other nighttime events included are bonfires, live bands, and unique performances right on the open lawn. “Even though I hate scary things, I still enjoy all the other things Shady Brook has to offer, like the bonfires and live shows,” senior Tiffany Tu said.

Two completely different outings targeting any age and any audience allow everyone in the community to enjoy a good time. Going every year will never get old for something new and different is offered every season. Junior Stephen Caldwell said, “I look forward to this month every year because of Shady Brook, it’s always fun to go with friends.”

http://shadybrookfarm.com/