Artist of the Issue: Painter leaves her mark on Gym Night

By Heather White
Copy Editor/Archivist

Gym Night is a big event here at Neshaminy High School, and many students that participate and come to watch Gym Night tend to admire the enormous murals that hang on opposite sides of the gym. Something many of these onlookers might not know is that this year’s blue team mural was painted almost all by one person.

Senior Bridgette Brodnyan dedicated tons of time toward making the board game-themed mural. After the sketches were made and approved, she started putting her paintbrush to work during the winter break. Brodnyan painted at least five hours a day during the week and around 10 hours a day on weekends.

In addition to spending so much time with the mural, Brodnyan also designed the blue team T-shirts and the programs. Outside of Gym Night, she makes sure art is a part of her daily routine, as she has been in the Advanced Art Program since her freshman year.
“Bridgette is not satisfied until she gets every little brush stroke or tone with the pencil just right, and in the end her artwork is just beautiful,” Mrs. O’Neill, Brodnyan’s art teacher, said.

Brodnyan also has many friends that are amazed with how talented she is. Alanna Parker, a senior classmate of Brodnyan, shares Advanced Art three with her every morning.

“She is an amazing human being with an immense amount of talent that any artist should be jealous of,” Parker said.

Not only is Brodnyan’s artistic talent recognized here at Neshaminy, but she also has a painting called “Marilyn” in the 27th Annual PSEA Touch the Future Exhibit at Arcadia University, along with another painting to be featured in an art show at Bucks County Community College.

“I love art in any aspect, but I love it especially when I can take a photograph and recreate it almost exactly and with painting I can do that,” Brodnyan said.

Even though she is not going to be an art major in college, Brodnyan is confident that she will definitely continue painting independently while majoring in business marketing.