Mens’ trends spring into fashion

By Monica Dinh
Entertainment Editor

This coming spring men’s fashion is taking a turn towards vivid prints and old time classics. Designers are pulling out trends from past decades and revitalizing them to create a modernized and polished appearance.

Years ago floral prints blew up in women’s fashion and have secured a spot in many closets. Recently many men have been sporting floral prints whether it is on tee shirts, paneled hats, or sweatshirts.

Floral prints are versatile, ranging from vintage vibes to tropical vibes. They bring an atmosphere of masculinity and lightness to spring fashion. “Floral print reminds me that there’s always summer after these long mostly boring school years,” junior Aidan Hennessy said.

Coming from a mix of the 1950’s, “the quiff,” has been a classic for many years, although nowadays the hairstyle has been modernized. This hairstyle is comprised of faded sides while leaving longer hair on the front part of the head.

Hair can be pushed back along with some pomade or gel to increase staying power. The cut of the hairstyle is alterable and can produce different looks for different men. Looks include clean and sophisticated, business like, disheveled, grungy, and many others.

Another classic is the button down. For spring many designers are redefining it by using bold patterns and prints rather than just solid colors. Prints have included leopard, floral, color blocking, and mixes of denim. Instead of leaving the top unbuttoned; buttoning shirts all the way to the top brings out a refined look.

Men’s footwear trends have for the most part been about comfort, which include sneakers and boat shoes; however, brogues are making a comeback as an everyday shoe. Brogues are smart shoes that are the epitome of casual, but also dressy.

They come in a variety of materials like leather, suede, nubuck; and a variety of colors as well. Overall, brogues can be worn with anything. They can be worn with dress pants for a smart, dressy look. On the other hand the can be worn with cuffed jeans or a pair of khakis for a more casual look.