December ‘Tunnel Vision’ Fashion Column

By Monica Dinh
Entertainment Editor

For the past two and a half years, junior Nina Caruso has been noticed for her sophisticated-yet-cool style throughout the school hallways. Her fun style matches perfectly with her indescribable personality. “I would describe my style as thrifty – I hate spending more than 5 dollars on a shirt,” Caruso said.

As the temperatures are beginning to drop in tow of the winter season, wearing lots of layers along with some wool socks or scarves is key and Caruso loves doing just that. “My favorite piece of clothing in my closet right now is a fur coat,” Caruso said. “Actually I have three of them and I love them all!”

Some of the most reasonably priced stores around that Caruso can be found shopping at include Forever21, H&M, and thrift stores like Goodwill. “I love shopping at all these places because they always have such good deals,” Caruso said.

To be thrifty and fashionable at the same time isn’t the easiest thing in the world, but in today’s society finding unique clothing is embraced. “From my perspective fashion is a way of expressing yourself, it’s an outlet for creativity,” Caruso said.

When it comes to fashion, inspiration can come from anywhere and everywhere. For Caruso, her fashion inspiration comes in the form of whatever it is that she feels comfortable wearing. Although, once in a while her inspiration can come from magazines like, “Teen Vogue,” or one of her favorite style icons, Lana Del Rey. “I don’t dress like her at all, but I really wish that I did,” she said.

Every thrifty person has something they splurge on a little bit and in Caruso’s case it is shoes. “I admit that I spend the most money on shoes…I think I have around 50 pairs now, maybe more,” she said.

Although Caruso has been interested in fashion her whole entire life she doesn’t plan to go into it as a career choice. “It’s really hard to have a career in the fashion industry so I’ve decided that my dream job is to be a flight attendant,” Caruso said.