February’s Fabulous Faculty

Neshaminy security guard, Andre, directing the after school traffic.
Andrew Kim

Neshaminy High School has voted Mr. Castell, one of Neshaminy’s great security guards, as the Playwickian’s Fabulous Faculty for February!

Castell, better known by his first name, Andre, has been working at Neshaminy High School (NHS) for “10 wonderful years” and has enjoyed meeting many different students throughout his time at Neshaminy.

Andre is a very familiar face at NHS, directing traffic in the morning and afternoon outside of the high school. He also monitors the hallways throughout the day, secures all entrances and exits to the school, and helps disband fights if necessary.

Joseph Weagba, a senior at NHS, only has positive things to say about Andre.

“On a daily basis, Andre has to make sure that all students are in their proper class at the given time,” Weagba explained. “Additionally, he also contributes to the Neshaminy community by handing and directing the car lines in order to reduce the traffic.”

Weagba also mentioned how Andre “is very hardworking and consistent when it comes to securing the hallways during all hours of the school day. On top of this, Neshaminy security guards aren’t as appreciated compared to the teachers and the office faculty.”

In the past few years, Andre has gained a high level of popularity and respect among the NHS student body, something that is rarely observed in public high schools.

Junior Adelina Brusco says she loves seeing Andre around the school.

“I love him. He’s so inspirational, just his existence. I would walk by him and I’d be like, ‘Aw man, I love that guy,’” Brusco confessed.

Weagba believes there are multiple reasons for Andre’s distinct popularity throughout the student body.

“He is very understanding when it comes to problems [that] students face. This could include family and living situations or waking up late for school. Irrevocably, he is very nonchalant and chooses to listen to people first before assuming the worst,” Weagba stated

Andre himself is very thankful for the NHS community and his fellow staff members.

“I would like to thank all the administrators both past and present, all my colleagues, parents that I have met, but most of all the students of Neshaminy High School” Andre commented.

So, the next time you see Andre talking to students in the hallways, guiding traffic, or watching over the cafeteria, be sure to congratulate him for his achievement and thank him for his service at NHS!