Vampires Sink Their Teeth Right into Fans Hearts

By Brianna Rayner
Op-Ed Editor

“The Vampire Diaries” fans were left on the edge of their seats when season 6 ended on May 14, 2015, as well as hearts breaking and tears shedding while saying goodbye to Nina Dobrev’s character, Elena Gilbert/ Amara/Katerina Petrova (also known as Katherine.)

Fans quiver in fear while waiting impatiently to find out how Damon Salvatore (Stefans brother/ Elenas lover) is coping. Julie Plec (creator of The Vampire diaries) quoted, “We’ll get to see how Damon Salvatore will last without the love of his life, it’s not going to be pretty.” on the season 7 pull forward video clip on http://www.cwtv.com/.This quote is quite believable due to Damons reaction last time he lost Gilbert.

According to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ the 26-year-old actress took to Instagram to announce that she will not return for the CW series’ seventh season. She quoted, “I always knew I wanted Elena’s story to be a six season adventure, and within those six years I got the journey of a lifetime…”
Junior of Neshaminy High School, Megan Winters (huge vampire diaries fan) quotes, “Elena’s disappearance from the show honestly frustrates me; she basically made the show.”

The main distress is; are fans not going to continue enjoying or even watching the show? Winters stated that she absolutely still has to see the new season, she wants to be reassured Stefan and Damon are okay. But she is not so positive how she is going to like the season without Dobrev’s character(s).
The premiere of the 7th season of the vampire diaries is on Oct. 8 2015 at 8/7 central. Interested in beginning to watch the series or need to catch up? All previous seasons can be found on Netflix.