‘So You Think Neshaminy Dance’ spotlights student dancers

By Sloane Horton

On Oct. 7th at 2:30 p.m. Neshaminy High Schools Dance Team will be holding auditions for “So you think Neshaminy can dance” in the auditorium and searching for Neshaminy’s best dancer. After the audition a number of participants will be chosen to move on to the final show.

It will be an interesting event, considering this is new to Neshaminy. “It’s a dance showcase for any dancer to come show everyone what they got!” said Courtney Miller (Dance team manager). It gives student a chance to show off their talent in front of their school friends, which they may have never done before. The Neshaminy High School dance team has put this event together in hopes for a big turnout.

The dance team will get the opportunity to watch all of the dancers and choose who will get to move on to the final show. As the dancers get called up one by one, they will perform a dance in the style of their choice and give it their all in hopes to impress the members of the dance team.

One dancer, Kahlil Simpson, junior, performed a hip hop routine and, “auditioned to win.”
Dancers that advance to the final round will be asked to perform their solo at the show that will take place at 6:30 p.m. on October 22nd in the auditorium. All students are invited to come out and watch this event and watch their fellow Neshaminy student be announced as the 1st place winner.

Unlike the auditions where the dance team picked who would advance to the finals, at the show there will be judges to decide who deserves the victory. Not only is “So you think neshaminy can dance” about the students, it will involve a captivating faculty performance by some of the teachers here at Neshaminy High School.

There will be gift baskets and baked good that will be sold at the show on October 22nd to benefit the dance team. All proceeds will help them to fund their trip to Florida in December.

Come out and support the dance team and watch the dancers of Neshaminy High school show off their talents and shine up on the stage.