Roadies recreates popular performances

By Heather White
Archivist

Every year, a group of drama students called the Roadies rehearse several shows to put on for a crowd. Then, in the spring, they go over the shows they have performed and prepare to be judged in competition, and put together what is called Roadies One-Acts.

This year’s show featured scenes from their rendition of “Almost, Maine” that was featured last November. There was also a performance of “Cicatrice,” a one-act play that featured four actors in late December.

These repeat performances of the shows were not only for competition, but they also gave a chance for other friends, families, and teachers to see the show if they missed the chance last time.

“I wasn’t able to make it to the showing of Cicatrice last year because it was a one night only show, and I was really sad that I missed it. But they performed it again, and it gave me a chance to see both ‘Almost, Maine’ and ‘Cicatrice’ again. They were awesome,” said senior Allison Raffin.

The Roadies One-Acts took place on April 23 and 25 at 7 p.m. in the Black Box Theatre. Also, other upcoming performances from the drama department include “Dead Man’s Cell Phone,” Drama Nights, and Improv Night which all will be featured throughout the month of May.