Art students receive recognition

By Rebecca Choi

On Saturday, March 22, seven Neshaminy students will have an opportunity to accept their Silver Key awards at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia.

The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards have taken notice of the unique and talented Steph Skrot, Kin Timbone, Molly MacDonald, Virginia Anselmi, Emily Later, Gina Kay, and Maddy MacDonald. The panelist who picks the artwork focuses on work that exhibits originality, skill and voice or vision.

They have picked an array of mediums including photography, portfolio, drawing, and digital art. Not only do these seven ladies get the awards, they have an opportunity to win scholarships and have their art displayed.

Another notable occasion for those in the artistic community is the 27th Annual PSEA Touch the Future Exhibit held at Arcadia University which has run since March 1 and will run until March 27.

Five pieces by five Neshaminy students will be displayed: Molly MacDonald’s charcoal drawing; Destinee Cichy’s acrylic painting; Bridgette Brodnyan’s 2D mixed media; Rachel Goldstein’s traditional silver print; Alison Buiocchi, ceramics. Arcadia University is located in Glenside, PA. The art exhibit is held in the University Commons Building.