Girls’ Basketball makes their way up ranks

By Kirstin Delaney

Dominating games and moving on up, Neshaminy girls’ basketball team is experiencing another great season. Obtaining an outstanding record of 14-1, the girls are ranked 51 in states.

On Friday, Jan. 31, Neshaminy was matched up with Council Rock South. The game ran into overtime and the final score ended at 40-39. Neshaminy came out with the depressing loss. “It was a difficult loss for our team, but I can already tell it will bring us even closer together,” head coach, Joe Lally said, “This is a very special group of girls. They are determined and well-focused.”

On Feb. 1, they had another game against Tennent. Neshaminy had a victory against Tennent the week prior to this game. Neshaminy stole the win with an outstanding 58-26 score. After the last loss to CR South, the girls seemed to have focused a lot more on the game and their fans. They once again defeated Tennent with another distinguished score of 50-37 respectively. “Our win against Tennent was not a comeback, but a message,” Lally said, “The girls and the coaches all believe in each other and we wanted to show everyone our true chemistry and character.”

On Feb. 4, Neshaminy moved on to defeat Council Rock North with a score of 47-37. By halftime, Neshaminy had already scored 27 points while CR North scored 16 points. Things slowed down in the second half of the game, Neshaminy at 20 and CR North at 21.

Feb. 7, Neshaminy beat Pennsbury with a predictable score of 59-21. The first half, the girls dominated Pennsbury with 25-10. The second half was a little weak with Pennsbury taking over 23-21. Pennsbury currently holds a record of 9-12.
The next day, Neshaminy prepared for a league challenge against Bensalem Fighting Owls. The Owls didn’t fight too hard, not improving their record of 0-18. Neshaminy took over with a remarkable score of 63-35.

This triumphant team has been striving and practicing for states and it looks like it’s in their future. The confidence and courage they put on the court will bring them more victories. “We feel strongly on any given night, we have the ability to compete and beat anyone,” Lally said.