Langhorne mayoral race

By Liam Krimmel

On Nov. 4, 2013, the citizens of Langhorne borough all gathered together to vote for two mayoral candidates, Joseph Taylor and John T. Krimmel Sr. Republican Joseph Taylor, Republican, won the election with a 56.8 percent of votes from the citizens of Langhorne borough. Democrat John T. Krimmel received 43.2 percent of votes from the people of Langhorne.

Taylor is a lifelong resident of Lower Bucks County, serving as a volunteer firefighter for over forty years, including twelve years as Chief. “My highest priority is maintaining the quality of life in the borough while trying to find fiscally responsible ways to improve it,’’ Taylor said.

Taylor is hoping to make some progress in the next four years and is currently working on keeping mayors playground open for recreation to all citizens of the borough of Langhorne.

The playground at the corner of Maple and Pine streets just received a beautiful new ‘’Mayors Playground’’ sign. This is part of the on-going renovation of the playground which has been in the works for over four years. It is fully funded by donations from individuals, families, grants and businesses in the community.

Krimmel is also a long time Bucks County resident who has served on Borough Council and has worked as a police officer and college professor.

“The borough has never been able to rely on full-time municipal manager and employees to run its government,’’ Krimmel said. “This is partly due to the fact that we simply do not have a tax base to support a full-time government.

Also, we are challenged with a high proportion of non- tax paying exempt organizations. My first priority as mayor is to bring leadership, a single purpose and transparency to the government of Langhorne Borough.”

Taylor, 61, will be in office for four years. The citizens of Langhorne are going to be expecting a lot from him. ‘’There will be changes in our little town,’’ Taylor said.