Skins’ field hockey team is determined for another great season

By Kirstin Delaney
Sports editor

The field hockey team has started the season off well. With a record of five and one, these girls are dominating faster than the speed of light.

Last year, they had a compelling season with a record of 15 wins, four losses, and one tie. Though they lost a few seniors this year, they are still on their feet. “We have a good core group of players back who are stepping up nicely,” Head coach Caitlin Koczynski said.

The fresh athletes joining do not affect the team in a negative way. “The new underclassman joining the team is always a positive benefit on the season,” Koczynski said.

Friday’s game against Council Rock South HS was a shocking loss, but a close one, also. The score was a close one to zero.

Nerves did not take over the team’s spirit and determination. “As an Athlete, there’s always a sense of nervousness before a game which is motivating,” Koczynski said. “I always tell the players that a long as you play with your heart and give 110% intensity, you won’t regret the score when the final whistle blows.”

“Friday’s game was a tough one. Having so many chances to score, it was difficult and upsetting to lose,” senior captain Erin Bedesem said. Bedesem is hopeful for their season, “This year, I think we might seem like the underdog because we are one of the younger teams, but if we put in enough hard work, we can be just as good as we were last year,”

Even though they lost on Friday, they picked up their slack and brought ambition to the field on Tuesday’s game against Council Rock South HS. “We didn’t sulk about the loss [on Friday], we used it as motivation in our next game against Council Rock North, and we used our will and determination to win,” Bedesem said.

The skins’ field hockey team has certainty and dedication to make this season even better than the last.