class of 2014 prepares for class trip

By Julianne Miller
Copy Editor

Every year the junior class at Neshaminy High School has taken a continual three day trip to Virginia and Washington D.C. The trip consists of Kings Dominion Amusement Park, Busch Gardens, The Spirit of Norfolk dinner/dance cruise ship and visiting historical museums and monuments around the National Mall Area in D.C.

The trip begins when the buses depart from Neshaminy at the early hour of eight A.M. as they start their venture out to Kings Dominion. This popular amusement park is equipped with 17 high-end thrill rides, “Planet Snoopy”, where the moderate rides are located for the younger kids, and family-friendly rides everyone will be sure to enjoy.

After a busy afternoon of thrill seeking, buses proceed for the Crowne Plaza hotel where the class of 2014 will be spending their nights.

The next morning is another day of fun and excitement, courtesy of the last day in Virginia being spent at Busch Gardens. This amusement park is filled with shows, kiddie rides, as well as family rides and 23 rides for the daring and adventurous, five of which being roller coasters. Unlike Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens has amusement rides that go through rapids while still being considered “dry rides” and an iMax ride that takes you on a tour through Europe.

That night, dresses and suits will be the appropriate attire for the dinner cruise as the juniors enjoy a night out at sea dancing and eating with their fellow classmates.

The final day of the class trip is spent in Washington D.C. where free museums and historic monuments will be visited and admired by the students, prior to their long journey back to Neshaminy High School.