Baseball team shows dominance

By Tim Cho

America’s favorite pastime has begun, and Neshaminy’s varsity baseball team is experiencing a great start to the season. With exceptional coaches and talented players, this year’s team has a great chance to make an impact, jumping out to a 12-2 start.

With the season moving quickly, it is extremely important that the team adapts to necessary changes and improve themselves. If a team is able to quickly adapt and fix any flaws about them, the team will improve little by little.

“The players tend to establish different roles. Opportunities for success follow once they understand the role they play and learn how to play within it,” head coach of the baseball team Christopher Tenaglia at Neshaminy High School said.

Through playing to their advantages and favorable skills, the team is able to play well.. This was evident in the first few games ended in complete dominance for Neshaminy.
Through the `Skins’ first three games, they outscored their opponents 30-7, leading to a 3-0 start. However, they suffered their first defeat at the hands of Bensalem with a score of 7-5.

“Offensively we had trouble making the necessary adjustments at the plate. On the mound we had a little trouble with our command and executing pitches, thus running deep counts and good hitter counts,” Tenaglia explained.

After their first loss, Neshaminy’s varsity baseball team couldn’t wait to go to the field and play even harder. “Any time teams don’t play well they can’t wait until the next opportunity to step on the diamond. Luckily for us it was the next day,” Tenaglia said.

As the season goes on, Tenaglia is hoping to be able to make it to the Suburban One League championships, the athletic conference in Southeastern Pennsylvania, especially after the varsity team barely missed their entry into it.

However, many players and the coach aren’t worried about the SOL championships. “We all know the main goal but we can’t look ahead without accomplishing what’s in front of us,” said junior and outfielder Cole Creighton.

But to take the right steps, the right preparations like training and experience are necessary. “So much time and hard work is needed to be put it to make a functional team, everyone needs to click,” Angelo said.

The team overall is sound. With talented players, a smart strategy, well connected members and strong leadership. Confidence is running high, as Creighton stated, “We feel like that if we play like were capable of playing the leagues ours.”

Tenaglia likes the strong sense of confidence, “Confidence brings energy and it plays a big role in baseball, so you’ve got to learn from it, stay positive, and have a short memory.”

With only five games left in the season and the ‘Skins currently sitting atop the SOL National Conference, the team is in good shape to have an impactful presence in the postseason.