Senior makes history: Ryan O’Connor gets his 100th win at home

By Vinny Frazzetto
Sports Editor

Senior Ryan O’Connor reached a career milestone, winning his match number 100 in his Neshaminy career. “Getting win 100 was pretty special. I’ve always looked forward to getting it, and being able to get it at home made it a lot more special.” O’Connor said on his outstanding achievement. Even as he enters some exclusive company, O’Connor stays humble and devoted to improving.

O’Connor attributes his success to hard work in his training, saying “Training hard and year round is a big thing, and in the offseason I participate in tournaments all over; such as Florida, Virginia Beach and North Carolina.” O’Connor devotes most of his life to wrestling, and works hard in and out of season to perfect his craft to be the best he can be.

O’Connor joined the company of such greats as Ed Curran- the first Neshaminy wrestler to achieve the feat.

Throughout his career, O’Connor wrestled in four different weight classes in his four years at Neshaminy including, 103, 119, 138 and 145, each to success; highlighting his versatility.

This year, O’Connor is 19 and three and having one of the best starts of his career.

After high school, O’Connor wants to continue his success on through college, saying “I plan on wrestling in college at Drexel University, which has an up and coming Division One wrestling program.”

If he maintains a devout work ethic and a passion for the sport, the sky may be the limit for O’Connor. With three more school meets along with SOLs and PIAA State Championships, O’Connor can yet improve on an already stellar career record.