Road ends at Coatesville for ‘Skins football

The Neshaminy ‘Skins Varsity football team was knocked out of the playoffs on Nov 23, losing a heart breaking 63-28 game on the road against Coatesville. With the loss in the semifinal, Nehsaminy’s hopes of playing in the PIAA playoff final were crushed.

The ‘Skins playoff run started with a 42-21 blowout win on the road at Plymouth Whitemarsh Nov. 9. ‘Skins running back Nate Hall lead the ground game as he totaled 128 yards on 20 carries and scored four rushing touchdowns. The defense held the Plymouth Whitemarsh offense to only 175 yards of total offense in the win as Neshaminy was able to rebound from a heartbreaking seven to nothing loss the suffered in the season finale against rival Pennsbury.

Going on the road for a second consecutive week, the ‘Skins won 14 to seven pulling off another road playoff win. Senior running back Nate Hall had another huge performance with 282 rushing yards and the ‘Skins only two touchdowns even with the huge win. Neshaminy sustained a loss as Dynamic senior wide receiver Justin Andrews was lost for the rest of the year with a broken collarbone he suffered on the opening kickoff. “We have to have the philosophy of the next guy up we have a good group of guys with experience behind Justin,” said head coach Mark Schmidt.

Unfortunately Neshaminy’s road win streak in the playoffs came to an end Nov. 23 against the Coatesville Red Raiders. The Redskins gave up a season high 514 yards to the Coatesville offense as they manufactured big play after big play. Even with running back Nate Halls 216 rushing yards and four touchdowns, the ‘Skins offense couldn’t hang with the Red Raiders as their season came to an end.

Even with their season ending the way it did, the ‘Skins still accomplished a lot this season. They made the playoffs yet again and made a deep plunge into the playoffs. With key players Denny lord and Cole Creighton coming back it will be interesting to see if the ‘Skins can build off of the success they had this year and make another trip to the playoffs next season.