Football advances to 2-0 in dominating fashion

By Vinny Frazzetto
Sports Editor

The Neshaminy Redskins found themselves again on the winning side of a dominating shutout, beating the Hatboro-Horsham Hatters 45-0 in a non-league matchup. The Redskin defense absolutely shut down the option offense of the Hatters, while the offense marched up and down the field, totaling 404 yards of total offense.

The Redskins jumped out to a 13-0 lead after the first quarter, on the back of two rushing touchdowns by Nate Hall. In the second quarter, the Redskins experienced an offensive explosion, scoring 20 points. Following a rushing touchdown by Matt Kashow to put the team ahead 20-0, the Redskins then decided to get a little creative. The ‘Skins called a wide receiver reverse to Justin Andrews, who then decided to throw the ball to Hamiid Pack down the sideline for a 59-yard touchdown, making the score 26-0 in favor of Neshaminy. In a following possession, quarterback Hugh Hart and receiver Justin Andrews connected on a 69-yard catch and run touchdown, continuing the dominance as the Redskins took a commanding 33-0 lead heading into halftime.

In the third quarter, the Redskins decided to ease up on the throttle as they went scoreless, but continued to dominate the defensive side of the ball. In the fourth quarter, Tosh Thompson recovered a muffed punt that bounced off of a Hatter running downfield to block, leading to a Blake Sullivan rushing touchdown, which made the score 39-0. Sophomore D’andre Pollard capped off the ‘Skins impressive victory with a 54-yard touchdown run.

The Redskins have looked extremely impressive on both sides of the ball this year, starting off the year 2-0 and in sole possession of first place in the Suburban One Division. The defense has shut down both of its first two opponents, allowing for 69 unanswered points for the Redskins, who are hoping to extend this streak as they play Souderton next week in another non-league matchup.