NHS Happenings

Photo/Nina Taranenko

Student athletes sign national letters of intent on Feb. 3.

Senior signing day held

Neshaminy High School held its annual signing ceremony Feb. 3 to recognize the current seniors who were awarded athletic scholarships. Those seniors include the following:

• Devan Masciulli, Softball, Millersville University
  • Emily Alexis, Field Hockey, Sacred Heart University
  • Mia Sexton, Field Hockey, Temple University
  • Dylan McDonald, Soccer, Syracuse University
  • Daniel Grinrod, Soccer, West Chester University
  • Zachary Boop, Baseball, Lehigh University
  • Edmund Parry, Baseball, East Stroudsburg University
  • Maggie Daeche, Soccer, Drexel University
  • Alyssa Tobin, Soccer, West Chester University
  • Emily Tomlinson, Soccer, Millersville University

Neshaminy Student Council Officers announced

Recently Neshaminy’s Student Council held officer elections for the 2016-2017 school year. Taylor Benton was elected President, Adewale Toriola was elected Vice President, Elayna Curtain was elected Secretary, Brooke Romberger was elected Treasurer, and Kyle Pennock was elected Historian.

Neshaminy grads inducted into Neshaminy Hall of Fame

A ceremony was held at Neshaminy High School on Jan. 10, 2017. Ten Neshaminy grads were inducted and current biology teacher, Rachel Clemens, was the coach inductee, having coached soccer from 2001-2013. The following 10 people were also inducted.

Ashley Fisher was inducted for soccer and was in the class of 2007; Mark Ozoroski was inducted for baseball and was the class of 1985; Odell Jones was the basketball inductee who graduated in 2004; Amy Pine McQuibben was the field hockey inductee and graduated in 1991; Bill Vergantino was inducted for football and graduated in the class of 1988; Jackie Andreozzi was inducted for indoor track and graduated in 2005; Jeff Baunn was inducted for soccer and graduated in 1982; Allison Nemeth Wunsch was inducted for softball and graduated in 2003; Kimberly Rubin Hammond was the inductee for track and was in the class of 2002; Eric Bristow was inducted for track and graduated in 1982.

Temple football coach visits Neshaminy

Temple University’s head football coach, Geoff Collins, visited Neshaminy High School. He stopped by to simply introduce himself during an informal visit.

Students win state awards at Thespian Conference

Neshaminy High School drama students received overall superiors at the Thespian Conference in their individual events and have been invited to nationals. The students included Ricky Moyer, Megan Walsh, Dan Booda and William Kraft.