Looking forward to AE Hawaii Trip

Say Aloha to next year’s AE trip to Hawaii
There is always a loophole when it comes to the AE students getting what they want. I would know, since I am one. As I counted the days until my first trip out of the country the anticipation I had for my European adventure grew and grew. Slightly past the halfway point in the year is when my excitement peaked. Then I discovered there would be no AE trip out of the United States.
I had looked forward to this trip since I was in sixth grade and my sister was on her sophomore trip to Ireland. It seemed like my world was ending. After all, my dream of four years had been crushed in a single board meeting.
So you can see how when I discovered we would be going to Hawaii I was beyond excited. I have always had a soft spot for sandy beaches and hot weather. Though I won’t be leaving the country, I will still be traveling overseas. What a perfect win-win!
The trip is scheduled for spring break of next year, April 8 to April 17. The AE group will be spending eight days in assorted parts of Hawaii including Honolulu, Hilo, and Kona. The trip is not just lounging around, relaxing on Hawaiian sands though. Students, like me, will be visiting various archaeological sites, volcanic cones, and World War II memorials. The trip will also consist of dinner cruises, various tours, and free time in locations such as Waikiki beach.
“I’m looking forward to just visiting the whole island in general; seeing the volcanoes and the culture of the [Hawaiian] people,” freshman Hazel Hoelper said. “I want to learn about pearl harbor in addition to the Hawaiian culture”
Due to the fact all trip locations for the next few years have been seriously limited, it just so happens that the band trip will also be to Hawaii during the same time period. This means students in AE as well as band who planned on attending the trip will likely pick a group.
Hoelper, a band and AE student herself said, “I feel that I’ll have more freedom on the AE trip and more options for stuff to do.”
The price of the trip is currently $3,664, which includes Round-trip transportation, hotel and accommodations, breakfast and dinner daily, full-time Tour Director, daily activities, tours and attractions, overnight security, gratuities, as well as illness and accident coverage.