Mary Poppins: Neshaminy presents must-see musical

By Ericka Elvira

Have no plans this weekend? Tired of sitting in bed all day, turning on the laptop and watching a favorite season on Netflix, but are still really bored of wanting to do something entertaining?

Not to worry; the Mary Poppins Musical production is coming up right here at Neshaminy High School in the Theodore Kloos auditorium.

Leads of the show include seniors Hannah Lieb and Rebecca Allen as Mary Poppins, also senior Forrest Filliano and junior Chad Wiatrowski as Bert.

With the show only costing ten dollars a ticket at nighttime and seven dollars for a matinee, you surely won’t want to miss this.

“I have been waiting all my life for this to happen at Neshaminy,” said Haley Fatula, a freshman at Neshaminy High School.

“Mary Poppins is one of my favorite Disney films, and to have it here not costing as much as a Broadway musical just makes me very happy and relieved.”

The story of the musical is about a nanny, Mary Poppins, who must teach a family how to value each other again using a little bit of magic.

She takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures.

The children she takes care of, Jane and Michael, aren’t the only ones she has made such a powerful impact to.

Even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that “anything can happen if you let it happen.”

“Sounds like there are going to be a ton of fun going on with this musical. It would be such a shame to miss out on it, so anyone out there not sure whether they would go or not, I’d buy those tickets soon before they sell out,” said Olivia Costa, a freshman at Neshaminy High School.

Mary Poppins

*Editors’ Note- The musical will take place Feb 11-14, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night shows are ten dollars. Saturday and Sunday matinée are seven dollars. Tickets can be purchased in the main office.