Freshman wrestler on track for bright future

By Julie Mazur

For the past ten years of his life, Jackson Erb’s whole world has revolved around wrestling. But so far it has really paid off. He has been very successful in wrestling and continues to improve. Wrestling is practically in his blood, as he comes from a long line of family wrestlers. Since he was 5 years old, wrestling has been his main focus in life.

Since he started, Jackson has been an outstanding wrestler. He won his first tournament at the age of 6. In the year 2009, Erb placed 3rd in the Pennsylvania Jr. States

As he grew up he continued to win. Some of his biggest accomplishments have been being a 2011 Eastern National Champion, 2013 Pop N’ Flo Champion, 2014 Eastern National Champion and 2014 Eastern Coast Champion.

The past 5 years of Jackson’s life have been dedicated to preparing for his High School wrestling career, training 6-7 days a week. As a freshmen, as he has had a winning record of 22-4 (12 wins being pins).

Erb placed 1st at his first ever high school tournament, and also placed 3rd at Governor Mifflin tournament. Lastly, he was undefeated at Souderton Duals.

jackson erb
“My season is going OK, but I could definitely be having a better one. All that matters though is what happens in post season, which is states. My goal for this season is 40 wins and to win a state medal.” Erb said.

Erb plans to continue to work hard to continue to improve in order to reach his goal for this season.