Neshaminy defeats Bensalem, Pink Out great success

By Jenna Kaufman

It was a game to remember; a game that will stay with many of us forever. Friday Night, October 23rd, was our annual Pink-Out for breast cancer awareness football game at Neshaminy High School, and also Senior Night. Neshaminy showed no mercy to Bensalem High School, winning 41-8.

We started the first quarter strong in just the first four minutes; with a nine yd. touchdown (TD) run by #7 Will Dogba, followed by a successful PAT by #26 Dylan McDonald. Neshaminy turned over possession on downs with three minutes on the clock, but quickly recovered a fumble by Bensalem. With two minutes on the clock another touchdown was scored by Dogba; yet again, followed by a good PAT from McDonald.

Neshaminy fans were going wild; we had a minute on the clock and possession at Bensalem’s nine yd. line. A pass from #9 Kyle Tees was completed to #16 Denzel Hughes for a TD. McDonald took the PAT, and you guessed it, it was good. It was 21-0 when the quarter ended.

Neshaminy couldn’t be stopped though; two more TD’s were scored in the second quarter, the first from #17 Jack Spingler completing a pass from Kyle Tees. Five minutes left in the quarter, Neshaminy recovered a fumble by Bensalem; Dogba scored a 12 yd. rushing TD with four minutes to go in the second. Good PAT’s followed both touchdowns from McDonald. The first half ended with a score of 35-0.

The third quarter took an unfortunate turn for Neshaminy fans. Bensalem recovered a fumble by Neshaminy and had the ball on their own 44 yd. line. Bensalem scored a TD on a 56 yd. run by Gerald Whea and a two-point conversion is good.

The final quarter of the game sealed Neshaminy’s victory. Bensalem turned over possession, giving Neshaminy the ball on the 35 yd. line, #19 Kevin Lutz with a 35 yd. rushing TD.

Senior Jack Spingler said in an interview by WBCB Broadcast after the game, “I really just wanted to go out there, do my best because I know this was going to be my last time playing on The Heatbreak Ridge, and I just wanted to go out there and give it my all.”

When asked how it felt to catch his first touchdown of the season he responded, “It felt great, you know it’s just the rush of the moment, and I realized I was in [the end zone] after I got tackled, but it was a great experience.”

The game ended with a score of 41-8, and a very rowdy (and very pink) student section. There couldn’t have been a better game for the senior’s last time playing on Heartbreak Ridge.