Bucks County Fall, Halloween Festivities

By Sloane Horton
Staff Writer

In the upcoming weeks fall festivities and spectacular spooks will creep through the counties of Pennsylvania. Younger children will get to experience pumpkin picking and more delightful activities, while the older audience will continue on their journeys through the corn fields… at night.

“The Count’s Halloween Spooktacular at Sesame Place” is a program with all new Elmo’s World Live Halloween Show and would be most appropriate for a younger audience. The children along with their parents will be able to enjoy a special live Halloween show, trick or treat In the park and story time with the world renowned Sesame Street Characters. Tickets are available at Sesame Place

Are you interested in running through the halls of real prison? Join Eastern State Penitentiary as they celebrate their 25th season of inviting people to a terrifying haunted house with six different attractions. “It’s convenient because it is local and besides the main attractions there’s a lot more little things to do” Said Senior Alex Jackson. Tickets are available for purchase on Eastern State where you can plan your trip and find unbeatable discounts.

Shadybrook Farm’s Horror fest is yet another haunted attraction lying in the dark shadows of eastern Pennsylvania. Participants can make their way through four different attractions that the farm has to offer. They include, hayride of horror, barn of horror, alien 3-D encounter and carnage. If you need a break from the horror of the night you are able to enjoy live music on the stage, sing your heart out in “Scare-ee-okee” and sit around the campfire.

Pricing is as follows, one attraction- $20, two attractions- $25, three attractions- $30, all four attractions- $35 and “RIP” is unlimited admission to all four attractions for $50. “Its affordable and it’s a really good time if you go with a big group of friends” Said Gia Ferrandino. Be sure to stop by Shady Brook Farm for more info.

If you’re looking to spend the day with your family picking pumpkins, sipping a nice warm cup of hot chocolate and staying far away from the haunts of bucks county then visit Hellerick’s Family Farm in Doyelstown, PA. Visit Hellericks Farm to receive $1.00 off of general admission.

No matter what you are looking to do this Fall season, Bucks County has just the right place for you. Smiles by day and fright by night.