J.K. Rowling will release new series

By Julianne Miller
Circulation Editor

It has been close to two-and-a half-years since a Harry Potter movie has been released, leaving many fans lost without their 10 year childhood fandom to follow. However, J.K. Rowling, along with Warner Bros Entertainment, is pleased to announce an upcoming original movie series, leaving The Boy Who Lived behind.

The original series is called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, based on a textbook Hogwart students had used. The main character, Newt Scamander, is the author of that textbook, Rowling is branching out of the familiar Hogwarts setting, having the series take place 70 years before Harry’s birth, in New York City.

“Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards, where I was so happy for 17 years, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world,” Rowling stated, according to an online interview.

“I’m so excited. You don’t even understand. Harry Potter has been a huge part of my life and for her to bring that back is amazing,” senior Kayli McGlynn stated.

Although a date has yet to be determined for the release of the continuation of this fandom, the extension should be, like her other work, not one to disappoint.