“Twilight” saga’s conclusion

By Brianna Spause
Special Features Editor

Nov. 16 marked the last segment of a billion dollar franchise, as Breaking Dawn: Part 2 hit the big screen. Hundreds of dedicated fans squeezed into Neshaminy’s AMC 24 theater at midnight to get their final dose of their beloved human-vampire romance.

The first movie portrayal of Stephanie Meyer’s third novel left viewers clamoring for more – cutting off as soon as Bella Swan, played by Kristen Stewart, opens her blood red eyes, indicating that she was successfully converted into a vampire.

All questions left by viewers were answered with a sense of comedy that was missing from the last three movies. Ironically, Kristen Stewart’s newly dead character has a sense of life and emotion missing from her previous performances.

Confused, meaningless stares incorporated a motherly sense as the Cullen family welcomed their newest member, Rensemee. If the viewers was not inclined to noticing humanly features, or natural looking skin, the special effects department did a great job creating the new half-human half vampire.

Aside from the unconvincing newborn, the special effects department was on par. “The sensational closing sequence cannot be accused of leaving a single loophole, not even some we didn’t know were there,” Roger Ebert said in a Chicago Sun Times review of the film.

Viewers and critics alike were seemingly impressed with the final segment. ”The movie was so much better than I thought it was going to be, because I read the books,” junior Amanda McCloskey said upon viewing the midnight screening. “They got every detail. It was amazing!

4 out of 5 turkeys