Spooky and Kooky: a “Boo”-tiful production

Drama Senior Roadies Zara Patel and Lea Newman along with Sophomore Kamryn Breault performing their women’s Spooky and Kooky dance to “I Want Candy”.
Alaina Kass

When students across the country are asked what was their favorite festive memory from Elementary school, some may say “The Five Little Pumpkins”, or watching “Polar Express”.

Unlike most public schools, however, the students of Neshaminy School District would have to argue that their favorite Halloween tradition would be watching Spooky and Kooky, a production that the Neshaminy Roadies perform for elementary students across the district each year.

There is no better way to get into the Halloween spirit than watching Neshaminy Drama’s production of Spooky and Kooky. With this year being the show’s 20th year running, it’s safe to say that the student actors have it down pat.

The one-and-a-half-hour show included six hilarious skits written by the Roadies themselves who are Neshaminy’s very own student actors! They had a little bit of something for all ages, including two spectacular dance numbers!

Many of the frightening skits included Neshaminy Junior, Jacob Rice, an avid participant in the school’s Drama Club, and a proud roadie. When asked about how it felt to grow up watching Spooky and Kooky, and now to be in it, he spoke avidly about the show.

“It is great to give many young students the same chance to experience the same show that I would watch when I was little, and loved Spooky -and Kooky,” Rice exclaimed.

The main thing that stuck out to me throughout the Roadies’ multiple ensembles was the clear love and passion the students had while performing.

Neshaminy Senior Cameron Krauss had the audience laughing and clapping every time he stepped onto the stage.

At the end of the show, audience members could agree that they could sit there watching Neshaminy’s Roadies do what they do best all night!

Spooky and Kooky happens once a year and if you weren’t able to catch this year’s show, I would highly suggest adding this hilarious, family-friendly show to your Halloween bucket list next year!