Filed under Entertainment

Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Fifth Harmony fans are adjusting to news of Cabello's departure from the group.

Photo via Google under Creative Commons license

Camila Cabello of Fifth Harmony is Miss Movin’ On. Fifth Harmony broke the news of her departure from the band via twitter on Dec. 16. Cabello had been a member of Fifth Harmony since 2012, when the band was formed on the X-Factor. Fifth Harmony will continue on with the remaining four members: Lauren Jauregui, Ally Brooke, Normani Kordei, and Dinah Jane.

The current members  released a statement on Dec. 16 that read, “After four and a half years of being together, we have been informed via her representatives that Camila has decided to leave [us]. We wish her well.”

That statement lead to Cabello releasing one of her own contradicting Fifth Harmony’s original statement. “I was shocked to read the statement the Fifth Harmony account posted without my knowing” said Cabello.”Saying that they were informed through my representatives that I was ‘leaving the group’ is simply not true,”

Cabello’s statement then lead to the girls of Fifth Harmony to release a statement contradicting what Cabello said. The final statement ended their game of he-said-she-said.

“In mid November we were informed via her manager that Camila was leaving the group, ”said by the girls of Fifth Harmony. “At that time we were informed that Dec. 18 would be her final perfomance with [us].” Their statement also mentioned how they made countless efforts to attempt to sit down with Camila and her team to discuss the future of  Fifth Harmony to no avail. This left fans confused and caused them to pick sides. The hashtags  #fourthharmony, #5Hisoverparty, and #5hisDisbandedParty recently began  trending on twitter due to fans picking sides.

A tenth  grade student who wishes to remain anonymous gave their thoughts on the breakup, “I honestly didn’t really care that they broke up, but the twitter drama was hysterical.”

Seventeen magazine even posted an article called “10 Signs Camila Cabello Was Leaving Fifth Harmony.” The number one reason was back in 2015 when, during an interview with Latina, Cabello was asked if she thought the band would eventually split up and she did.

“Honestly, I think we all do. We’d be lying if we all said this is a picture-perfect thing, like we all completely agreed on the album track list and what the sound and the music-video treatment would be like, which usually happens in bands who grew up together. But for manufactured bands, it’s harder. The cool part is that we allow one another to do our own thing within this thing. I think it’s healthy because if not, personally, I would go insane.”

Fans started speculating that Cabello was leaving the band when more was spent working on solo endeavors. Cabello released two different singles with other artists during her time with Fifth Harmony. Cabello released “I Know What You Did Last Summer” with singer Shawn Mendes and “Bad things” with artist Machine Gun Kelly.

During Cabello’s time with the band they released the albums Better Together, Reflection, and 7/27.

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

Ringling Brothers continues legacy, stuns audience

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

Mistake leaves scar on Oscar history

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

Tale as old as time retold for next generation

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

His name is Alexander Hamilton

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

To Riverdale and back again…again?

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

Artist of the Issue: Maeve Potash

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

‘Rogue One’ Review: Visually a blast with a so-so plot

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

Wizarding world magic continues

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

Haters Back Off! renewed by Netflix

• Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony

Entertainment

Bruno Mars shortchanges fans

Camila Cabello leaves Fifth Harmony