Demigods Return to Books

By Leanne Khov
Entertainment Editor

Fans of the classic Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series can never forget how great it was. The 5 series book had captured fans’ hearts with the loveable Camp Half-Blood and demigod characters that went on quests. Rick Riordan, the author of this beloved series, has officially come back with another series about mythical gods and the adventures of another brave demigod.

“When I heard that another book was being published by Rick Riordan about demigods, I was extremely excited. I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen for a while,” sophomore Julianna Mathew said.

As part of a new series called, “Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard,” the “Sword of Summer” is anticipated to bring another exciting adventure of a demigod in a fantasy world with his friends. This series will focus on Norse mythology and the demigod Magnus Chase dealing with the fact that he is the son of a Norse god.

“I always love Norse mythology and its great how it is going to be used in this series,” stated sophomore Kirin Scott.

According to the preview summary of the book, Magnus Chase was previously living on a street in Boston and is one day tracked down by a mysterious man who claims that he is a son of a Norse God. The gods of Asgard are in a war with monsters popping out everywhere. To prevent this, Magnus is force to search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that was lost for thousands of years and he must make a big decision that could affect hundreds of people.

“I’m excited what this book will bring. After reading the Percy Jackson series, I anticipate just as much action and greatness in this series,” sophomore Allie Faunce said.

Fans of Rick Riordan have been anticipating another series with demigods and now Riordan has given what they wanted. The official book release is Oct. 5 2015.