Rivalry, recognition, and fundraising

Olivia Hughes, Staff Writer

Neshaminy and Pennsbury’s football teams went head to head at Heartbreak Ridge on October 28. Not only was it a big rivalry game, but it was also Senior Night for the football players, cheerleaders, and marching band, Mini-THON Minute, and the last game at Heartbreak Ridge before construction began on the stadium.
Before the game started, Neshaminy honored their senior football players and cheerleaders by announcing their names as they walked across the field with their families and loved ones. The marching band did the same during halftime around the track, recognizing their seniors during their last home game.
Pennsbury scored early, getting a touchdown in the first quarter of the game. They continued to stay hot throughout the whole game, scoring four more touchdowns, ultimately putting up 35 points for their team.
Neshaminy did their best to try to put points on the board. They trailed the entire game but failed to score.
The crowds roared throughout the whole game. The excitement of the night fueled their energy for Neshaminy’s White Out.
In between the first and second quarter, both Neshaminy and Pennsbury Mini-THON students went up into the stands, collecting loose change and dollar bills to raise for Mini-THON Minute. All the proceeds from each team went to help beat pediatric cancer. Neshaminy was able to almost double Pennsbury’s amount, raising $806 in a singular minute.
Many exciting moments happened that night, which made the last game at Heartbreak Ridge, before construction, a night to remember.