Ceramics class inspires student creativity

By Katelyn Begley

Special Features Editor

On a normal day in Neshaminy Paradise, you can catch senior, Ariana Jade Kent in either of the two ceramics/sculpting rooms about four to five times a day. At a young age Kent enjoyed playing with clay and continued her love when she made the decision to take ceramics along with jewelry/sculpture her junior year.

Kent’s passion for art is clearly expressed through her personal jewelry business that she recently started. “I make handmade earrings and bracelets made out of various minerals,” said Kent. Anyone can purchase the designs and dictate what colors they desire to have on their unique piece. “I really enjoy making them and it’s awesome that I can make money doing something I love,” Kent said.

In her spare time Kent enjoys playing basketball. Her love for the game also started at a young age and shined through when she made Neshaminy High School’s varsity team. She also played soccer for the Pearls Gators/Neshaminy United Gators since she was a little. Kent also enjoys traveling all over especially any place she has never been to. Her favorite place that she has traveled was the west coast of Florida.

Kent is extremely appreciative towards both her teachers because of their constant support and assistance. She hopes to continue on in ceramics and plan on going to college for art education starting at Bucks County Community College for a year and transferring to Temple Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia. “My dream job would be to have my own ceramics business somewhere in the city,” she said. With how successful she is at only 18 years old, it could happen for this talented artist.