2013 Student Council officers introduced

By Sarah Wells

Meet Neshaminy’s new Student Council members of the 2012-2013 graduating class. Each are filled with exciting new ideas such as a mural, more dodgeball tournaments, volleyball tournaments, and more privileges for the students.

Colin Adames- President

I wanted to be elected president because I knew that I could make this school a better environment for the students. For me, it wasn’t about the popularity, the title, or how good the position looked to colleges. I ran for the voices that have been left unheard. I ran for those who wanted change.

I’ve wrestled and swam but I’d rather spend my time reading a book. I am extremely motivated to attain a goal once I have it in mind, and I am persistent. You, the students, are in for a phenomenal year.

Juliette Rihl- Vice President

Being a part of the Student Council seemed like a great chance to represent my fellow classmates and bring about positive change to Neshaminy. I just wanted to take advantage of as many opportunities for senior years as possible.

When I’m not studying AP United States History you can usually find me at the gym or listening to music. I play varsity field hockey and run track, and am an editor for the Playwickian. I also write for the Reality section of the Bucks County Courier Times. We have some big ideas for next year!

Heather Thomas- Historian

I want people to want to be involved and just have fun. I love being able to improve events as much as I can, and try to find positives in every situation. I just want to enjoy high school as much as possible.

You only have four short years; better make the best out of it. We are young once so let’s just have fun, be involved, and focus on the good rather than the bad. We have our whole lives to learn from mistakes. Thanks for voting for me its going to be a good senior year.

Alaina Klause- Treasurer Secretary

I wanted to be elected because I absolutely love being part of such a good organization. Student Council brings the whole school together for great causes and really gives a chance to have fun together.

I definitely think our school should have more programs to welcome new students, and I think we should do more dodge ball tournaments and activities that get the students involved. Outside of school I volunteer for the Run Club, Aid for Friends, and Lower Southampton Recreation activities. I can’t wait to get everyone involved next year!