Neshaminy Mini-Thon raises funds for pediatric cancer

Jenna Kaufman
Staff writer

Neshaminy’s first ever mini thon is coming soon. But what is mini thon? Mini-Thon is literally a smaller version of Penn State’s Thon.

Thon is a dance marathon where you are required to stay on your feet and dance as long as you can. But Thon has a much bigger goal than just, “who can dance the longest?”

The goal of Thon is to raise money for pediatric cancer. All money raised will go to Four Diamonds Fund, which offsets the cost of treatment that insurance doesn’t cover, pediatric research through grants, and supports medical teams that support children with cancer.

Mini-Thon will take place at Neshaminy High School on April 16th. The event will run from six o’clock p.m to 11:45 p.m. Registration cutoff is April 16th at noon.

In addition, mini-thon recently sponsored the first official No Shave November at Neshaminy High School. The teachers who participated raised $970.21 for pediatric cancer.

The Executive directors for the committee are seniors Maria Palmieri and Abby Bedesem.The Administrator for the event is Ms. Aubrey.

To donate, contact Ms. Aubrey, Ms. Speece, or simply visit the mini thon website-
neshaminyminithon.weebly.com Through the website for mini-thon is also a link register for the event through the “donor drive page.” Spread the word now. For The Kids.