Kylie’s chair has rolled too far

By Brianna Herder

Kylie Jenner, who is usually a trending topic, has made headlines yet again. In the past, Kylie has been bashed for gifting her best friend, Jordyn Woods, a cake that had a racial slur written on it, her on and off again relationship with rapper, Tyga, her ever famous lips which Kylie admitted to having done after accusations came her way, her unforgettable magazine shoot where she sported much darker skin and was accused of being racist after sharing a sneak peek, to being accused of glamorizing African-American culture when she took to Instagram and shared with her millions of followers a cornrow hairstyle. As the public can see, Kylie Jenner absolutely does get around, which is why it’s not surprising she’s making headlines again, this time for posing in a wheelchair.

Kylie’s most recent magazine shoot was for Interview magazine where the photos, in a word, are risqué. But one picture in particular caught the internet’s attention when Kylie was photographed posing in a golden wheelchair. Many were quick to accuse Kylie and Interview of “ableism”, which is when people discriminate against people who are disabled.

However, Interview said that their intention was not to offend anyone, but to pay tribute to British artist Allen Jones, who was known for his questionable sculptures of women.

Interview told PEOPLE magazine, “Our intention was to create a powerful set of pictures that get people thinking about image and creative expression,including the set with the wheelchair. But our intention was certainly not to offend anyone.”

Many took to twitter in frustration over how people in actual wheelchairs are ignored and overlooked, but Kylie is considered “beautiful” or “glamorous” in hers. Many celebrities are subject to backlash for pictures they post. Lady Gaga performed in a wheelchair while dressed as a mermaid, Ellie Goulding was accused of being insensitive for wearing a Native American headdress, and Perrie Edwards posed with a bindi with her ex fiancée Zayn Malik’s Pakistani family and the list goes on.

Although Kylie has been in the news for bad reasons, she’s also been in the news for her lip kit she recently released. The kit quickly sold out, but Jenner stated that it wasn’t an exclusive thing and more would be on the way. Jenner obviously put a lot of work into the kit, and is ecstatic that the kit did well, and shoppers can expect to see more from Kylie in the cosmetology world.

wheelchairpng