Walkers bite back: The Walking Dead released their first webisodes

By Mathew Soska
Staff Writer

The Walking Dead webisodes are a short series connected to the T.V show. Quick and clever dialogue cannot make up for the overacting and many other flaws in this series.

This is not very a well written series about a family caught in the zombie apocalypse. They have many unrealistic scenarios such as when Andrew (who is the husband to Hannah) jumps out of nowhere to save Hannah with a shotgun from a walker.

The characters seem very unrealistic as none of the characters sentences flow nicely, like their reading from a script. The characters never develop as they repeatedly make the same mistake. The characters are so annoying that the audience roots for the zombies.

The director couldn’t have done a worse job of casting the characters. The actors don’t make the series believable as they say everything with too much emotion. For example when Andrew and Hannah are talking to their kids they’re screaming over their kids not picking up their toys.

Most of the lines in the series are cliché and overdramatic. The actors are crying more than they say actual words. Also the most lovable characters barely have any speaking lines. Like when Hannah and Andrew’s son is trying to describe his experience Hannah keeps interrupting him.

One thing the director did well on is the cinematography. The zombies look extremely realistic. The lighting and setting complement each other well to add a creepy effect.

The scenes don’t flow well together as they skip around characters every two minutes. The director keeps the pace high in every episode so it’s very easy to miss information.

The background music was used half of the time to create a dark mood. Other times the director used pop music, it would kill the mood of the episode.

I would rate this series a one out of ten.