Senior athlete aims for ambitious goals

Solomiya Syvyk and Kyle DiFrank
News Editor and Staff Writer

Senior Cole Housel, sneaker and fitness enthusiast, is the starting shooting guard for Neshaminy’s varsity basketball team. While Housel enjoys playing for Neshaminy, he also likes to play some “Pick up hoops with my bros,” he said. Basketball has always been important to him, as he has been playing for 13 years. He also plays in summer leagues such as NOBL, where he led his team to a championship this past fall. Housel excels and stands out when he’s on the court and is currently playing in his fourth year of high school basketball.

Though Housel is not sure whether he will continue his basketball career on the collegiate level, he looks forward to the possibility. “If the opportunity presents itself, I will,” he said. However, basketball will always be a big part of his life and he’ll continue to play with friends outside of school. Housel plans to attend Villanova or West Chester after high school; but for now he’s just focusing on finishing high school with good grades.

While the team has struggled this season, posting a 5-13 record thus far, Housel has kept a positive attitude. “We’ve had our troubles here and there; we are a good group of guys and we’ve had our fair share of triumphs as well,” he said. Eric Alteire, Housel’s friend and teammate expressed his thoughts on Housel. “He’s a really good teammate, a guy I can trust on and off the court. I’ve played with him for four years now and I really respect him as a player and as a person,” Alteire said about Housel. It is clear that Housel is respected and admired by many people for his athletic ability and positive attitude.