Forrest Filiano—Talented singer, passionate actor

By Heather White
Co-archivist

Forrest Filiano is a well-known name across the Neshaminy music and drama departments. Even though he is only a sophomore at Neshaminy High School, he has already been the lead in many productions he has been in.

“My favorite part of acting is being able to improve myself,” Filiano said. “Some people get offended and don’t like critiques, but I love it.”

Some of his recent lead roles include Pippin in this year’s musical “Pippin,” and Nathan Detroit in “Guys and Dolls.” Since “Guys and Dolls” was his first high school show, it became his favorite musical that he has performed in so far.

In addition to his two high school musicals, Filiano has participated in three productions at Maple Point Middle School and three Summer Stock productions. He also has performed in two shows outside of Neshaminy at Kelsey Theatre in New Jersey.

Due to his outstanding acting skills, he became a Roadie in the drama department and has been a part of many drama productions, such as Laughing Stock 2013.

“I love being able to find myself in someone that doesn’t exist,” Filiano said.

Filiano surrounds himself with family, friends, and teachers that support him along his journey.

“He’s a great performer and a really hard worker. You can tell he really has a passion for it and he was really fun to work with,” senior Brianna McClave said. McClave co-starred with Filiano in “Pippin.”

Although he still has time to think about college and career paths, Filiano knows that he definitely wants to pursue acting as a career. He plans to attend a college near New York City and dreams of performing in his favorite musical, “Rent” as Mark.