FBLA at Neshaminy looks ahead

By Tim Cho
Student Life Editor

Neshaminy High School’s own Future Business Leaders of America chapter has a long history of success. In recent times, students have seen success of their own and reflect on FBLA.

Featuring various competition events ranging from Networking Design, Accounting, and Business Law to Public Speaking, Marketing, and Personal Finance, FBLA offers a wide variety of topics that is bound to spark interest in a student. These events offer online tests or public demonstration, depending on the topic’s details, and from there eligible students for the state championships are chosen.

Bucks County Community College on Monday, Jan. 9 was the designated site and date for the regional testing for numerous events. Students were then notified if they were eligible for the state championships.

The Neshaminy chapter of FBLA plans and organizes the testing, fundraisers, and management of its students to ensure a learning and worthwhile environment. As a result, the number of members in FBLA have increased over the past few years; 69 students in both the 2010-2011 and the 2011-2012 school years while 84 students have joined in the 2012-2013 school year.

Whether a student is interested in business or networking, a passion for what they love to do is what fuels FBLA. No matter what the interest, FBLA is bound to prepare a student for real life scenarios, “FBLA prepares you for the real business world… It really gives you some insight on the business world,” Emre Fisher, sophomore member, said.

While students feel as if they are stuck in the limbo years between childhood and adulthood, Neshaminy High School offers another way to experience the real world through the FBLA club at the high school.