Neshaminy welcomes new teachers

By Makenzie Mason
Staff Writter

Theresa Murtha
Theresa Murtha, a new art teacher at Neshaminy, first started having fondness for art in high school. Inspired by her teacher, Murtha attended University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pa.

Murtha was also inspired by her family. “I am a third generation art teacher,” Murtha said. “My mom is an art teacher and a sculptor, and so was my grandmother, so I was always around art growing up,”

Before Neshaminy, she taught at a middle school in New Jersey. Murtha, outside of school, likes to work out at the gym and listen to music.

Murtha says she likes the maturity of the students at the high school, and their willingness to better themselves. “I really would like to have all of my students create a few pieces that they are proud to show off, and are well made,” She said.

Mark Dunfee
Mark Dunfee teaches Spanish I and II at Neshaminy high school. Substituting for Mme. Halliday last year, he is glad to be here full time.

Having dreams of being a French teacher since French II, Dunfee went to Arcadia University and received his master’s at Temple. He previously taught at Abington Junior High and Pennsbury High School before coming to Neshaminy.

Dunfee also studied abroad in Spain and France. “I want my students to not only learn a language, but be more open towards new places and cultures,” he said. Dunfee loves to coach and watch soccer. He also enjoys cooking and playing disc golf, in his free time.

Kim Pfaff
Kim Pfaff, a child development teacher at Neshaminy, has come back to the high school after working at both Sandburg and Poquessing Middle school. “I am glad to come back to my roots,” she said. Pfaff has also taught in May’s Landing, NJ, and at Abington.

Pfaff has always enjoyed the subjects of sewing, cooking, and child development, which is why she studied Home Economics education at Arcadia University and University of Delaware. She wants her students to learn how to teach preschoolers lifelong skills, and to love the fun age group.

Outside of school, she likes to read, dance and cook. Pfaff also likes to spend time with her daughter, who roller-skates competitively.

Pfaff loves the high school, and teaching at the preschool laboratory. “I love working with high school students. I feel like I am preparing them for real world

Ann Caminiti
Ann Caminiti is a Today’s Foods and Nutrition Fitness for life teacher at Neshaminy High School. Coming from Sandburg Middle School, she loves the changes in maturity from her students.

Caminiti attended the College at Oneonta, receiving her degree in education. She also went to NYU for her master’s degree.Caminiti taught in NYC for four years, and Baltimore County for two years. Shortly after, she relocated in Pennsylvania. For the past 26 years she has been working at Neshaminy School District.

Although she may be a food science teacher, Caminiti’s passion is sewing. “I love to quilt, and create new things with my embroidery sewing machine,” she said.

Caminiti also loves to read, play with her two black labs, and spend time with her family. “I want my students to have an idea of different food preparation methods, and how to make food healthier to eat,” Caminiti said.