Swimmer races past competition

By Vinny Frazetto
Sports editor

Senior Justin Korenstein has come into his own this year inside the pool, becoming one of the leaders on the team and swimming his way to one of the best in the conference. Korenstein is a hard-working, dedicated athlete driven by his competitive nature and a desire to improve.

“The program Coach Suter has put up this year is just great I feel like my body is pushed to its limits every practice and that I get the technique I need to make my strokes as flawless as possible.” Korenstein said.

In addition to becoming one of the leaders of the team, Korenstein has encrypted a new attitude to his performances, taking advantage of every moment before it’s gone, saying, “knowing it’s my last year has really made a difference on everything I have nothing to lose I’m just going out there and just having fun.”

This season, Justin has been widely recognized around the league for his outstanding improvements this season and has become one of the team’s most well rounded and consistent swimmers. Korenstein has even been recognized as the Athlete of the Week for the Bucks County Courier Times.

Justin hopes to swim in college, he thinks it would be a fun concept and allow him to continue to do what he loves, “I’d like to swim in college I think it would be really fun. I’m looking to attend Susquehanna University, Bloomsburg University or Shippensburg University. They all have good programs that I think would help me get better,” said Korenstein.

Even as the season is close to an end, he says the team is what he will remember most from high school, saying “The thing that will always stick out when high school swimming comes to mind is the team; we are our on family every year the team has gotten tighter and tighter.”

Korenstein has made a mark on the swimming program at Neshaminy this year, and through hard work, dedication and a love for the sport looks to earn a trip to SOLs this season.