Kyle Nagle is a sensation in the making

By Erica Martelli
Op-Ed Editor

In Neshaminy, Kyle Nagle is known by most students as the outgoing kid who is always nice and always makes everyone around him laugh. Nagle has been on the radar even more now that he is an upcoming makeup artist.

“Makeup has become a big part of my life,” said Nagle.

Nagle has been watching people put on makeup all his life. He believes that everyone is beautiful and makeup is used to help enhance your beauty. He started watching his friends apply makeup at a young age. “[His friends] applied makeup to cover up acne or use makeup as a shield or mask to hide from a tough time that they may be facing in life,” he said. After seeing his friends apply makeup he felt like he wanted to learn.
“I wanted to know how to apply makeup,” Nagle also added.

He started out by knowing the names and uses of all the different products being that there are so many different kinds of makeup. He learned that each one had a different job. After he learned the names he started using and learning how each product worked.

“I learned slowly, the more I practiced the better I got,” Nagle said.

Nagle has been very successful with his newfound career. He worked with many professionals over the summer and even attended fall fashion week in his beloved hometown of Philadelphia.

“I loved seeing that side of Philadelphia. When everyone hears about fashion week, they think of New York City, but Philadelphia is also wonderful,” Nagle said.

Nagle will also be doing the makeup for fall drama “The Crucible” and the in school drama play “Done to Death”. He is planning to work as a makeup artist at 2013 Philadelphia spring fashion week.

“We are really excited to have our very own student do our makeup, especially a student who loves doing it, and enabling him to showcase his talents on our stage,” said English teacher, Suzi Drake.

On Nagle’s Facebook page, he offers makeup for various occasions including: bridal, prom, parties, etc. He is willing to help anybody with their makeup and just loves doing it. To Nagle it isn’t a job, it’s his life. Nagle wants people to look and feel their best. Everybody deserves to feel beautiful.

“Makeup to me means confidence,” Nagle said.