The Lumineers sweep the nation

By Gillian McGoldrick
Entertainment Editor

The band formed that formed ten years ago is now finally getting a good taste of fame. The supporting act to Dave Matthews Band, and iTunes Top Ten Albums and Top 5 Singles, the Lumineers, have hit a sweet spot for the ear of many people across America.

Beginning in 2002, after Jeremiah Fraites’ brother died from an overdose, Fraites and bandleader Wesley Schultz moved to Denver to put themselves in the music scene. They acquired the talent of Neyla Pekarek, who’s gifted in the cello, mandolin and piano, and set off to find any sort of gig they could with their unique and clear sense of music style. Their mixture of acoustic rock, folk, and pop brought in a following from across the nation.

Getting signed by a record label was inevitable, and once Dualtone Records gave them a contract, they were off creating their self-named album, “The Lumineers,” that came out their past April. Their lead single off of the album, “Ho Hey,” is featured in movies and commercials everywhere. The song brings the listener to a need to start stomping, clapping, and singing along from the beat of this new sound.

The songs off of the album include, “Submarines,” “Dead Sea,” and “Stubborn Love,” all giving the listener a different feel for The Lumineers’ stylings. Without a doubt, the Lumineers will be in the alternative/indie rock spotlight for a long time.

See more at www.lumineersmusic.com