Burger King mascot disrupts McDonald’s

On Sept. 17 in Rome, Ga. in an establishment of the fast food chain restaurant McDonald’s, a man dressed as the Burger mascot entered the restaurant. The man representing Burger King, which is one of McDonald’s largest competitors in the fast food industry, proceeded to hand out free Burger King food to McDonald’s customers and take photos with children in the McDonald’s restaurant.

Police officers were called to the scene around 1 p.m. the day of the incident. The officers learned from the restaurant’s manager that the unidentified Burger King mascot had claimed that he was raising money for charity. Despite what the Burger King mascot had stated to the manager of the restaurant, he gave away Burger King Food without collecting any funds.

The restaurant manager had little information regarding the masked Burger King mascot until after the incident when he drove away from the scene in a white Acura and removed his mask. The manager and other observing bystanders then saw the Burger King mascot reveal that he was a middle aged Caucasian with dark hair.

The Burger King mascot behind the “joke” was not arrested because it appears that nobody was harmed in the situation. “Although I thought it was a clever prank, the person would really be in for legal trouble if something had happened to someone while he was falsely representing Burger King. The person could be in all kinds of trouble if they are representing Burger King and someone gets ill on their food without permission from the Burger King franchise,” Eric Horchheimer stated.

The police and McDonald’s franchise are not certain as to where this prank originated it is possible that The Woodcreek Faction comedy group may be behind it. If they in fact did not initiate the prank, they still voice their support of the hoax.