Tennis team swings for strong finish to season

By Vinny Frazzetto
Staff Writer

The Neshaminy tennis team is experiencing a down season of sort this year, with a record of, 3-6. With the team experiencing some turbulence, the players and Coach Bill Bech continue to look up to next year. The team is leaning on the hopeful improvement of all players and the hopeful promotion of this year’s juniors to step into the leadership rolls vacated by: Sam Callahan, Tom Anella, Jimmy Cooper, Alex Balcher, Nick Noell and Sebastian Ho.
With the season nearing its end – only 1 team match left and Districts and SOL’s – the goal is on a strong finish and a running start into next season, “We just want to finish strong and win our last couple of matches,” said Junior Alec Dufresne. The team is more focused than ever and looking forward to a strong finish.
However, through the obstacles of this season in comparison to previous years, positives are still found. Junior Jarko Homola said, “We are hoping to finish strong against the last opposing teams. We have been improving constantly and with each game you can see each person getting better at one thing or another.” The team has a bright future, and hopes for another year of improvement ahead.
Through the rigors of the tennis team this season, the players are focused and excited for the rest of the season and the preparations for next season. “We will miss some of our seniors, but we hope for some good young talent to replace them. Our underclassmen will have more experience also,” said Coach Bill Bech. The team has plenty of room for improvement and they hope for a bounce back year next year. The ceiling seems to be the limit for our ‘Skins tennis team next season.