Hollywood loses star

By Tyler Kitchenman
Entertainment Editor

On April 18 the world lost one of its most beloved entertainers. One of Hollywood’s greatest producers and television talents, Dick Clark, died after prostrate surgery. On the death certificate its states that the legend died of a heart attack due to coronary disease not due to any complications following his surgery. According to Fox news the surgery was a procedure to relieve “acute urinary retention.” Although a very painful procedure it still did not directly contribute to the stars death.

“I didn’t really know him but I know my parents did and they had told me that he really was the best. And that he would really be missed,” explained freshman Sean Devonshire. It’s true that as a student body it may not truly be understood how detrimental this loss is to the entertainment world but just the same it needs to be conveyed to the younger populations as well as the older ones.

In late 2004, Clark suffered what was said to be a mild stroke. He was also at the time recently diagnosed with type two diabetes. “Patients with this serious of a medical history are usually screened to see if their heart is strong enough for surgery,” Clark’s doctor, Dr. McVary stated. The surgery was a low risk procedure but still any surgery is a stressful; experience especially on the heart. Despite the facts the surgery is still not considered to be the direct cause of Clark’s unfortunate heart attack.

Despite the regrettable events of the past few weeks Dick Clark will always be remembered as an American Entertainment legend. He will be remembered for all of his countless works such as American Band stand, his work hosting the Golden Globes or hosting Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve. Clark had been given his title “the world’s Oldest Teenager,” and according to his colleagues and friends he truly lived up to it. He will never be forgotten nor will what he has done for the entertainment industry.