Easy gardening tips for advanced flower beds

By Natalie Caruso

Get your gardeners’ spade and grab your watering can because it’s spring and what is a better way to kick off the new season than with a bit of floral flair. Who says you have to be part of the Counter Culture Movement for a little bit of flower power?
Although summer seams to be better due to its days of heat and prolonged and strong sunlight, it’s not the best time to start growing a plant.
Spring has the perfect theater for plants due to it’s moist, dewy mornings and how it can be characterized by warm days allowing new life to flourish.
Summer is actually one of the worst times for you to plant a new addition into your garden because the heat can make the plant feel like it is enduring a drought, and the plant will most likely start to wither without proper care.
If you want the seeds you sew to last try getting a perennial plant that will come back instead of an annual plant, which needs to be replanted and re-bought every year. If you want to be able to redesign your garden beds every year, annuals are the best for that due to the fact that after their blossoming season they die and don’t come back.
Hardy plants tend to be the easiest to take care of due to their willingness to become lush quickly. Where if you want more of hands-on hobby, feel free to choose the more challenging greenery to take on.
This isn’t just a way to increase your curb appeal, but it has other benefits, like environmental. A whole ecosystem doesn’t just consist of animals, it means location and plants are a huge role in completing an ecosystem. All the vegans, vegetarians and tree-huggers know exactly what I’m talking about.
When you take plants out of the equation it just doesn’t work. It’s like a swamp without mangrove trees, or the plains have all kinds of grasses, without these they can’t be identified as a swamp or plains.
If you are someone that isn’t able to actually make or use a garden bed, don’t let that discourage you. You can make hanging baskets or plant it in a pot. There are endless choices.
Also, while you’re out getting the oxygen producing vegetation you can also do something else that will help small businesses and possibly your community. Instead of going to the typical Lowe’s store or Home Depot, try going to a nursery.
Not only will you be supporting local economy but plant nurseries are there for your exact purposes. They will most likely have a bigger variety to choose from and you can get a lot more help with their staff on plants, seeing that it’s the only thing they specialize in.
“The fact is that you all have green thumbs!,” Skip Richter said in an article titled Ten Secrets for a Successful Spring Vegetable Garden.