Philadelphia Flyers progress, shoot for victory

By Matthew Soska

Flyers fans were thrilled on Monday when the Flyers pulled out a three-to-two win over the Detroit Red Wings. Although Monday’s game was promising, the Flyers still need to make a big push if they want to make it into the playoffs. “I have to say I am still pretty excited about last night’s hockey outing boy was that something or what”, said associate editor for SB Nation, Kurt Rambis,on his SB Nation article about the game.

Bruins and Red Wings most recent losses help out the Philadelphia flyer towards their race to the playoffs. “I’m a little nervous that with one bad game they won’t make it but I still trust them,” said Neshaminy high school sophomore, Aaron Carragher.

The Flyers will face first place team Washington Capitals on Wednesday March 30, for which could be described by many as a “nail bitter”. “This is a crucial game for the flyers, I will definitely be watching,” said Neshaminy High School freshman, Johnathan Saba.

The Capitals coach Barry Trotz said that the Flyers may be a problem for them in their journey to the playoffs. “We will create a lot of turnovers and got a lot of shots – quality chances rather than just puck possession,” said Washington Capitals defense-man Mike Green to SB nation before the game.