Fox screamin’ for Scream Queens

By Corrine Calderbank

Fox’s newest fall hit is the television show Scream Queens. Created by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuck, and Ian Brennan, also the creator of American Horror Story and Glee, the show is a classic whodunit mystery with a comedy twist.

The show takes place at Wallace University and is centered on the sorority Kappa Kappa Tau, the most hated sorority on campus. The Kappa president, Chanel Oberlin, and her minions, known as Chanel Number One, Number Two and Number Three, are the most feared girls on campus. Around 20 years before the Chanel’s took over the sorority, a Kappa sister died after she had given birth in a bathtub and no one knows what happened to the baby.

When freshman Grace Gardner starts at Wallace and wants to pledge Kappa, things start to get crazy. A person disguised as the school’s mascot, The Red Devil, starts to kill off people. No one knows who this is or why they are doing this. The season is going on a course to try to figure out who The Red Devil is and what happened to the baby in the tub.

The show has a phenomenal cast including; Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Keke Palmer, and Abigail Breslin. The writers are excellent with the witty and snarky dialogue. Scream Queens should be on everyone’s must watch list this fall. Scream Queens is on Tuesday nights at 9:00 PM on Fox.