Homecoming Banner: Should be on More Than Just Football Fields

By Doroty O’ Connor and Namish Siddiqui
Art Editor and Features Editor

Homecoming is widely anticipated at Neshaminy. It is the first major event of the year, and gathers the entire student body to usher in the new year. The freshmen were particularly excited to experience a Neshaminy Homecoming for the first time. Club stands lined Heartbreak Ridge, offering games, food and souvenirs to the attendees. The stands were packed with students and alumni, who cheered the football team to victory.

The seniors were eager to learn the results of the homecoming king and queen elections. For the past few years at Neshaminy, each couple, as well as the members of student council, have been given a golf cart to decorate. At half time they drive them around the track before the winners are announced. This year’s themes included Batman, Spongebob, Popeye, and Minnie and Mickey Mouse.

However, many freshmen did not know that there was no homecoming dance, after seeing dances in many movies and television shows. So why doesn’t Neshaminy have a dance? Is it because administration does not want to spend the money or because each grade already has their own dance? Maybe nobody wants to work that hard this early in the year.

If there was a dance, where would it happen? Would all the grade levels be combined, or separated? So many questions and no answers.

Amanda McLoughlin, ninth grade, said, “It would be a good way to transition into high school, and the year in general.” Diana Jennings, a Spanish teacher agrees. “It would allow the freshman to see everybody in the beginning of the school year, and bring a level of comfort,” she said.

Girls go all out for homecoming dances. They get dresses, corsages; get their nails and hair done. Boys are forced into going with their girlfriends or dates. There are thousands of different themes to choose from.

“It would be so fun to have a dance,” freshmen April Phillipps said.

Homecoming data chart 4 realz