Marrington races his way to states’ victory

By Liam Krimmel
Sports Editor

Senior Dave Marrington has proved himself again as an essential hurdler for Neshaminy’s Track and Field program. From setting the record in both the 100 meter hurdles and the 4×400 meter relay in middle school to breaking the 300 and 400 meter hurdles school record at Neshaminy High School.

While having the number one leading time of 37.36 seconds in the 300 hurdles in the state of PA in 2015, Marrington’s ability of winning a League title was easily within reach, but a state championship title takes hard word and determination. Marrington has been running for many years at Philadelphia
CYO Track and Field, Cross Country club, even before joining the middle school track team.

Marrington spends most of his time training on his hurdle form at workouts and practices, and also does anaerobic and dynamic exercises.

When Marrington isn’t hurdling in the summer, he also attends Cross Country invitational’s and competes in the 5000 meter run. Although he likes running alongside his teammates, Marrington prefers running individual events like the 400 meters, 110 meter hurdles and especially the 300 meter hurdles.

Marrington had a phenomenal final season of Track and Field. Many of accomplishments from this season would include helping Neshaminy finish the season with a 6-1 record, setting the 300 meter hurdles meet record at the Montgomery Memorial Meet held at William Tennent High School, and wining both the Suburban One League National conference and PIAA District One Championships in the 300 meter hurdles.

Marrington’s greatest accomplishment of his high school career was winning the 300 meter hurdles at the PIAA Track and Field State Championship meet at Shippensburg University, winning both of his prelims with the official time of 37.99, the sixteenth fastest time at the PIAA State meet in Pennsylvania History.

Before winning his state title in the 300 hurdles, Marrington was ranked as PA number 5 in the hurdles and finished 3rd at the State Championship meet during his junior year. Feeling devastated for his performance, Marrington used this as motivation to help him want to train harder and faster to try and regain his chance of winning.

“I was pretty upset for a couple of days, then I realized, I have another year so I thought to myself I was going to come back stronger next year and win.”

Though his time at Neshaminy has come up short, Marrington’s career as a hurdler is just beginning, leading him to make great accomplishments at Penn State University for the next four years.

Marrington’s accomplishments will forever go down in the books here at Neshaminy, and his college career is right around the corner.