Son Alti raps their way to success

By Julianne Miller
Circulation Editor

Amongst the many different forms of talent here at Neshaminy High School, one group in particular is creating a name for themselves in the greater Philadelphia area. Son Alti, which translates into ‘the last six’ in Turkish, is a rap group consisting of five of Neshaminy’s very own and one student from Archbishop Wood High School.

Beginning in 2013, Ansu Kaba, Alex Welhaf, Matt Cullen, Alex Nanni, George “Trizzy Mack” Dickerson and Brendan Eckelmeyer formed Son Alti when they felt they had a “solid team of talent that could be trusted,” Welhaf said.

“We make music – preferably rap. I’m mainly promotions and ‘hype man’ for Matt on performances. Welhaf DJs all of Matt’s sets and produces beats. Trizzy, Brendan and Nanni rap and are featured on most of Matt’s mixtapes,” Kaba said.

With musical inspirations such as Casey Veggies, Torey Lanez, Meek Mill and, of course, Tupac, they mutually made the decision to become a group based on passion, compatibility and convenience with Welhaf owning two studios as well as Cullen owning one, each in their homes.

Son Alti holds practices once a week to ready themselves for performances held at Philadelphia venues. For convenience and listening pleasure, their music is posted on Soundcloud.com/sonalti.

The boys are holding big expectations for this summer along with hopes of expanding their already rapidly growing fan base. New types of music, a series of music videos as well as rumors of another show featuring their new music have been in circulation.

Although Son Alti has not yet scheduled any dates for upcoming performances, make sure to be on the lookout for any announcements.